Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Classic Vision of Luxury: Michel Boyd

Living room featuring 24 K gold plated tiles and fabulous traditional and modern accents

Michel Boyd in his well-executed, visually striking living room
Books placed throughout the home are essential, as they display the inhabitant's interests, sense of humor, and personality, & can make great conversation pieces

Dining area- very clean, sleek and little distractions


Kitchen area



I love the variance of texture here: sleek reflective surfaces with fur accents and linen upholstery

This palette combination is elegant, bringing boldness and flair to neutrals with slate/charcoal -colored drapes, rugs, and wall coverings.

Exemplary creativity with this unique bathroom: the bathtub is atop a platform and the wall opening reveals an element of surprise on the other side. 

The vanity and bathroom sinks are on the other side of the wall. Multiple dimensions and surprises are essential for lofts and urban decor- it wisely negotiates space and adds flair! 

Beautiful and classic Fornasetti wallpaper completely sets this seating area off with its distinct and bold appeal!
This beautiful condo in Atlanta's Historic Old Fourth Ward neighborhood is that of talented designer, Michel Boyd. I saw this feature 2 years ago on http://www.ajc.com/ and have always shamelessly obsessed over it! It's bold and chic from beginning to end and showcases Boyd's fantastic taste and keen eye for aesthetics!

A few quotes from Boyd's AJC/Sean Drakes interview:
"Designer Michel Boyd's three-level, two-bedroom Old Fourth Ward condo is a showcase of style. "It took me a long time to decide to buy that tile. It's actually 24k gold-plated." Boyd stresses, "I have no children! That tile was an investment. You have to be Bisazza certified in order to install that tile. The installer went on vacation over Christmas and died. I had to get somebody else to finish it," recalls Boyd. "I was like, God, are you trying to tell me I shouldn't have bought this tile

"I say it all the time and I'm going to make enemies, but I love dead animals. It speaks to the luxury, it just does," declares Boyd. "In my guest bedroom, that bolster on that bed is a type of coyote, there's a hide on the floor, the pillow is rabbit; I have Mongolian lamb in my bedroom, and there's some fox in here somewhere." A coyote throw, pictured, warms the great room. "I just ate some chicken and some beef, so there you go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment