Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving...and a List of Gratefuls


More Than A Day
As Thanksgiving Day rolls around,
It brings up some facts, quite profound.
We may think that we're poor,
Feel like bums, insecure,
But in truth, our riches astound.
We have friends and family we love;
We have guidance from heaven above.
We have so much more
Than they sell in a store,
We're wealthy, when push comes to shove.
So add up your blessings, I say;
Make Thanksgiving last more than a day.
Enjoy what you've got;
Realize it's a lot,
And you'll make all your cares go away.
By Karl Fuchs


A List of Things I'm Grateful For:

  • Family- without a strong foundation of unconditional love and supporters we are nothing. Strong friendships, those new and old are included in this category and greatly cherished and adored

  • Faith- As my Faith and Relationship with God strengthen everyday I am extremely grateful to experience His spirit that manifests daily, and am comforted by the fact that He will see me through.
  • Opportunity- cherish any opportunity you are given and count it as a Divine blessing, for they are the only differences between advantage and disadvantage. Use them wisely
  • Home- a place where I can laugh, cry, pray....and enjoy Desperate Housewives, Modern Family, and HGTV!
  • Ambition- I am genuinely grateful to have goals, a plan, and motivation to achieve them. It's a feeling I experience everyday and it keeps me going- Vous Voir Tous Sur le Haut! (See You All at the Top)
  • Time- Time is much appreciated and also taken for granted. I cherish each given day and should be putting more energy into making the most of them.
  • My Mommy- I'm so thankful for my mother and her strength, I admire her kindness and diligence, mimic her charm and grace, and love her endlessly.

  • Love- I'm thankful to have a heart filled with it to give, and more than grateful to have received it, genuinely and continuously.


On a simpler note.....
- Chic-Fil-A -Gal Pals
- Dean Baxter (Spelman) - Gay Best-Friends
- Interiordesign.net - Sarcasm
-Kelly Wearstler - My increasingly awesome chef abilities
-Zara - Devi Registre (Inspires Me) -laughter
- Wii - Phoebe Philo
- Elliptical Tread-climbers - Josie Natori
-Eiswein - Medium-rare steaks and asparagus
-Coppola Claret - Alexis Tsokos
-Education - Expressways and espresso
-All things art and design - cleavage
- iPods - sunsets and beaches
- silence - creativity- Rachel Roy
- and fun, fabulous times!


No comments:

Post a Comment